"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

10.26.2006

when you're sailing home

So last night was a low-attendance night at GA's, due primarily to the deluge of rain that got even stronger at rush hour. Anyway, when there are only a couple of girls there, we set aside a lot of our plans and let them play games and sing songs. Well. At some point, I decided it would be a good idea to sing "Jesus in Your Boat." Do you know this song? We never sang it at camp, and I'd never heard it before moving back to Texas for the second time. It's one of those camp songs that wake you up, and you sing it 6,000 times, leaving out a word with each verse (a la "Deep and Wide"). It is 100% annoying. And it has been stuck in my head for the last 21 hours.

I brought it on myself. But something had to be done to stop the endless repetitions of "The Fruit of the Spirit's Not A..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home