"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

10.11.2006

for the wonder of each hour

So, as you can probably tell from the total lack of substance on my blog this week, I don't really have time for blogging right now. To say that life is hectic is an understatement. After getting home from Dallas, I had to finish grading 100 exams for one class, then finish writing the exam for the other. That plus the usual constant stream of emails that arrive around exam time ("Can I take it late/early?" "What's my grade?" "When will you post the grades?" "I've skipped ten classes in a row; how will I do well on the exam?"), chasing the GA's around, babysitting the kiddos all day Monday, and trying to get ready for lots of upcoming trips has made my life seem like one long day that won't end. I need more sleep than this.

But. Tonight at church we sang "For the Beauty of the Earth." It's finally cooling off outside. I got a cute haircut today. In two days I'll see Wilco in San Antonio. The sunsets in Texas this week have been amazing. I get to teach amazing students who teach me, too. There's a home game this weekend. "I Don't Feel Like Dancing" is the catchiest song ever. My sister is coming to visit, and so is my college roommate. There is "love which from our birth over and around us lies." Things aren't so bad after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home