"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

9.12.2006

sanity - ooh, there it goes!

My life lately has been kindof a mess. I am working really long days, scrambling to get everything done and be in the right place at the right time, and then coming home to a house full of boxes. Add to that the facts that 1) I have 3 houseguests this weekend, 2) the post office is refusing to deliver mail to my new address, and 3) I've just been told I owe Austin a water bill for August (which is really an accomplishment given that I didn't live here then), 4) there are currently 1,647 emails in my inbox and I am three weeks behind on answering the ones that aren't of an immediate nature, 5) I've been a little sick lately, 6) the Advisor is Not Happy, 7) I should have written two columns a week ago, and, well, I'm having a hard time believing that I've only been home for two weeks. Ugh.

But. ACL is three days away. I just got news that we have an AWESOME (and free!) parking space for the festival. It's only going to feel like 97 out there on Saturday. It'll be okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home