"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

9.20.2006

i am too old for myspace

This is a gorgeous, heartbreaking song a guy I went to high school with wrote. (It would be more accurate to say that Laura and I purchased him in the slave auction at band camp, but that's another post.) I ran into him in 12 South in Nashville last year in a music store but otherwise haven't talked since high school. If the rest of his stuff is as good as this, he's got a good shot.

You really should give this track, "Carol," a listen - if you go to his MySpace, it starts playing automatically.

Speaking of high school people, Rodrocker moved to Portland and is putting out some interesting stuff. (And clearly he's still the same as he was in high school, because he named his bluegrass-roots band after an INXS album.) Who knew we had all these old friends with music careers?

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

"...in the slave auction at band camp..."

If I didn't know what you were talking about, but knew you were a Franklin Rebel, I might find that quite awful!

Good for Jason! I always thought he was a cool kid.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 9:47:00 PM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Where is your mind, mommy of two? :P At any rate, it's awful even though you DO know what I'm talking about! How on earth did P. Wayne get away with that for so many years?

Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:02:00 PM

 
Blogger Emily said...

I don't know how P. Wayne got away with it - of course, there was a healthy amount of P. Wayne-worship amongst the parents and teachers, IMHO.

Hey, I think your title for this blog entry, "i am too old for myspace" should be your headline. 'Cuz don't I feel the same way...

Saturday, September 23, 2006 9:21:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home