"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

8.16.2006

welcome new visitors

There were lots of new visitors to Texas in Africa today (Hello, Haliburton), thanks to a very kind endorsement from Ethics Daily (thanks, Dr. Parham!) and a plug from Jim West. There are links to a number of other young, moderate, Baptist bloggers in the story - check them all out. We are trying to help build a community of young moderates who can blog on Baptist life and the culture in much the same way that the SBC has a community of young, influential bloggers. I'm not one to want to create more divisions among Baptists than there already are, but there's definitely a void in terms of what voices are out there, so I'm glad to be part of the Baptist conversation where possible.

As for Texas in Africa, I'm sorry for the lack of insightful posting this week. Between Ann Miller's death and working on Monday's column, I'm a little drained on the writing front. I did, however, have an adventure today that raises lots of ethical questions, so I'll try to write about that tonight. Welcome new readers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sister said...

One of the other bloggers, Aaron Weaver, is the son of one of the great ladies in my life group. Very small Baptist world! Sadly, he and his dad, Doug, were in a bad wreck early this week, and he'll be out of commission for a while. His head broke the windshield and I think he shattered his leg or arm. He's still in the hospital, and the family could certainly use your prayers. Just thought I'd let all your new readers know, especially since the ED article says he needs to post more.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 10:07:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home