"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

7.13.2006

stupid acl

Can I just say it (again)? I hate the people who run the Austin City Limits Festival. Once again, they've scheduled all the good bands to play at the same time.

Calexico against Guy Clark?
Explosions in the Sky at the same time as WILLIE?!?
Son Volt against the NP's?

I hate them. I really do. Do they not realize that their audience is NOT made up of people who only like to see "rock" or "Americana" acts?

3 Comments:

Anonymous mark said...

you're famous!
http://www.baylor.edu/buaa/index.php?id=38794

Thursday, July 13, 2006 1:24:00 PM

 
Blogger Emily said...

Have you SEEN Willie live? My husband grew up on Willie, and saw him live several years ago ('99), and he's terrible live. Just FYI.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 5:04:00 PM

 
Blogger UPennBen said...

Dude, you just need to learn not to be so knowledgeable about music, and then you'll have only heard of one band per hour. Me, I recommend Los Amigos Invisibles, and I'm looking forward to KT Tunstall. And Tom Petty, but duh.

Sunday, July 16, 2006 1:54:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home