"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

7.26.2006

sevens

Seven things I can’t do:

  • snap my fingers
  • change the oil in my car
  • make red velvet cake like my sister can
  • drive a stick shift
  • speak Spanish
  • understand why anyone cares about Paris Hilton
  • appear again on the Price is Right

Seven things I can do:

  • throw a great Derby Day party
  • make really good cheese grits souffle
  • stay awake while reading academic journals
  • navigate unfamiliar subway systems
  • talk swahili
  • judge a cd by the first track
  • stop drinking caffeine

Seven things I want to do before I die:

The Seven dwarves are (google is cheating!):

  • Dopey
  • Happy
  • Grumpy
  • Sleepy
  • Doc
  • Lazy?
  • Chirpy

Seven things I say most often:

  • unbelievable
  • it's a long story
  • please use formal language for a college-level paper
  • not that kind of Baptist
  • please stand to the right
  • you didn't get an "a" because this isn't an "a"-level paper
  • I'm done.

Seven movies I love:

  • High Fidelity
  • Say Anything
  • Dr. Strangelove
  • Much Ado About Nothing
  • The Muppets Take Manhattan
  • Raising Arizona
  • Bottle Rocket
Seven friends who are getting memed:
  • Emily
  • Ayesha
  • Jess
  • Kirstin
  • Angela
  • The College Mom
  • Melissa

8 Comments:

Anonymous the librarian said...

Sneezy is definitely #6, but I can't remember the #7. (I'm pretty sure it's not Lazy or Chirpy!)

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 5:37:00 PM

 
Anonymous the librarian said...

I think it's Bashful! Now I can Google it to confirm.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:02:00 PM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

Okay, your disney movie skills are definintely superior to mine. Chalk one up for the Librarian.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Emily said...

You live in TX and don't speak Spanish? Oh well, you still know way more languages than me...

I can't snap my fingers either, or drive stick shift.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:07:00 PM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

I am SO GLAD someone else can't snap! People always treat me like a freak, but apparently it's genetic. Emily you are totally off the hook for the meme if you don't feel up to it - hope you're feeling good this week!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Emily said...

I'm feeling good - just want this baby to get here! I'll try to tackle this meme tonight. Haven't done one in a while.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:28:00 PM

 
Anonymous the librarian said...

I can snap, but I can't wink.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 1:22:00 PM

 
Blogger texasinafrica said...

You can't wink?!? Freak. Of. Nature. :) Seriously, I didn't know that was possible! I can't roll my tongue, either.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:27:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home