"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

6.24.2006

mourn with those who mourn

So I'm famous. Okay, not exactly, but Time is publishing part of my letter to the editor on their DR Congo story in the July 3 edition. This is about as close to famous as I'd ever want to be. Apparently people were pretty upset by the orginal story and the haunting photographs of the situation in the eastern DRC. There are lots of really good letters on Congo up on their site already - you can read them here. My letter is there; I wrote it right before leaving Africa and it looks like they published about half of it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Bravo! Price is Right and Time - you're everywhere!

Saturday, June 24, 2006 5:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Regina said...

you go girl!

Saturday, June 24, 2006 8:03:00 PM

 
Blogger Ray said...

great! keep the show on!

-A

Monday, June 26, 2006 3:48:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home