texas is as close as I've been
In honor of not being there, today's focus is on all the things that are wonderful about Texas and on nexs from the Lone Star State:
- Recruiting is going great!
- Leininger is finally getting attention for the unethical, if legal, way he tries to purchase legislation every session. I don't care if it's legal, it's wrong for one individual to be able to give three million dollars to candidates in an attempt to get your pet legislation passed. No matter which side of the aisle you're on.
- One of my former students was elected vice-president of the UT student body. He's a good kid, and was the one responsible for finding me that awesome "Texans for Kerry" button last fall.
- 4. The Supreme Court heard arguments on Texas' 2003 redistricting fiasco. Here's hoping the justices will restore a measure of representation to Austin residents, who haven't had a single Congressman representing our city since. It doesn't sound like that will happen, though.
- 5. Today I learned that Don Williams was born in Floydada. Who knew? That explains so much!
- You should check out Texas Bob's selection of March 2 e-cards, guaranteed to embarrass your co-workers with a loud "yee-haw" when opened. If you're not going to a great March 2 party, that is.