"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

3.09.2006

life like no other - wo-ah!

My darling little sister and her friends have way too much free time to put this much forethought into their close encounters with the CCM superstar kind at chapel. My apologies to those of you who don't understand why this is so funny. You had to be at Centrifuge '92, camp in '93 (That Shining Season: The Great Adventure), or, sad to admit, at the Starwood show in '94 where the Newsboys opened and we got to meet them because youth minister #3½'s girlfriend was their publicist and were such the rock star sixteen-year-olds.

Here's what the shirts say, left-to-right:
  1. "Saddle Up, Y'all: Livin' the Great Adventure since 1994,"
  2. front: "Will you be here ... at my wedding?" back: "I heart SCC and Truett Chapel, My Hiding Place."
  3. "I've Got a Trail To Blaze"
  4. front: "I wll abandon homework" back "for the sake of SCC."
  5. "SCC = Heaven in the Real World"

As my sister's friend put it, the only thing they were missing was $20 from their moms to buy t-shirts. To wear as witnesses to school on Monday, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home