"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

2.01.2006

times i even forget to be blue

Well, today is the day. Off to London tonight, a ten hour layover and lunch with an old friend there tomorrow, then to Entebbe. If all goes according to plan, the hotel shuttle should be waiting to pick me up at the airport to go to Kampala, where I'll spend the weekend figuring out the banking issue and getting some extra passport pages at the U.S. embassy (yep, my passport is officially full), before heading off to Kigali early next week and then onto the Congo late next week. I'm excited to get to see Uganda; I've never been there before. And I'm sure the scenery between Kampala and Kigali is beautiful, which is good, because ten hours is a loooooonnnngg time to be on an African bus.

I totally missed the State of the Union last night due to a little dinner party (more on that in a bit), but got back to the Cotton Palace Princess's lovely home just in time for the Democratic response. All I have to say about that is that Virginia Governor Tim Kaine's eyebrow is something else. And also that if the D's think they can win elections by having their representatives mention their past missionary service and saying "values" a lot, they've got another think coming.

And, yahoo, it's signing day! Hope Mack gets to take a vacation here soon. Vince certainly earned him one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home