"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

2.25.2006

thanks for the ride and i'll see you around


This is the scariest millipede I've ever seen. It appeared on the floor in my entry hall last night while I was cooking dinner. Scary!!!

I am headed to Kigali on Monday to meet some American missionaries who are, see if you can keep up with this, the parents of a woman who attends a church pastored by some friends of my parents/my father's former co-worker whose daughter used to baby-sit us. They are super-nice and have offered me a place to stay in Kigali. I will only be there for a couple of days, but need a break from Congo for a little bit. It's exhausting having to negotiate over every single transaction in every day. That and I am out of things to read in English. National Geographic Adventurer's February edition was interesting the first ten times, but I am really looking forward to picking up something new at the great Ikirezi Bookshop in Kigali, and to tracking down some kitchen stuff at reasonable prices.

So that's to say, I may not be blogging for a couple of days, but don't worry, I'm fine. Thanks so much for your prayers and sweet notes and text messages! I love hearing from y'all and knowing that I am so lucky to have such great friends and family!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tasha said...

Reading your blog has become a very nice part of each weekend. Have a wonderful trip. Hopefully you'll get lots of rest. Can't wait to hear about your Kigali adventures.

Sunday, February 26, 2006 9:36:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home