"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

2.02.2006

slip right through your hands

Yay, my phone is okay, no charge for getting it to be better, thanks to some lovely people who don't like Texas very much. I don't think it's fair to base one's perception of 20 million people on the performance of one (even if he is king of the world), but then again, at lunch when C was touting the advantages of dual citizenship and her ability to traipse off to Pyongyang or Havana whenever she wants, I said, "What do you mean, I don't have dual citizenship? I'm from Texas." Anyway I'm thankful for their help and am now killing time while my ipod charges until it's time to go back to Heathrow, so here's some fun look-sees for today:
  1. Pink Dome's capitions on the W./Cuellar picture. Hands down the best one is, "I wish I knew how to quit you..."
  2. My thoughts on the State of the Union? Nada. Didn't watch it. Was too busy with the send-off dinner. Our bet was that the featured gallery guest would be a Hispanic mother who lost her son in Iraq and who is married to a miner and who got a tax cut and started a successful small business. But apparently the president didn't highlight anyone, except for a Pakistani immigrant who went to fight in Iraq? They really can find anyone to fit a demographic need.
  3. Ooooh, UIL realignment day. Yes, you do care. Where's Westlake? Seriously, I can't find them on the list.
  4. Floydada basketball is doing awesome. They were #1 in Class 2A and are now #3.
  5. Jenny Lewis's Rabbit Fur Coat - I listened to it last week and forgot to blog about it. It's good, not great, the Watson Twins' tracks are the best, and the title track is hopelessly hokey. Although I think it's a bit harsh to call her the Linda Ronstadt of our generation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home