"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

2.02.2006

london calling punxsutawney phil

Well, I made it to London safe and sound. The flight was half empty, which was a good thing because my seat's light was stuck on and the video system was stuck off the whole flight. They had me move across the aisle, where there were three empty, dark seats and Capote was playing. My normal, no-fail anti-jeg lag measures didn't work altogether due to the fact that I packed my bag wrong and therefore my earplugs and tylenol pm were not there. Got to London at 10 with about two hours sleep, had no problems at British immigration, and met my friend Camilla for lunch at a cute little place in the shadow of St. Paul's. (No, Kathryn, there wasn't a little old lady feeding the birds for tuppence a bag. Sorry.) Camilla lives the most interesting life of anyone I know and it was fun to catch up.

And now I'm at Victoria Station, wondering how I'll recharge my iPod when the USB ports aren't working and it's going to be a challenge to find a power outlet at Heathrow. Also the added problem that my phone is locked up and I may have to buy a new one ... long story involving something called a PUK. Ugh.

But, everything else is fine and I'm excited to know that by this time tomorrow I'll be in Africa. Where it's not snowing and 25 degrees like it is here. I need a cup of tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home