"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

1.30.2006

triple-toe-thrown-for-a-loop

I don't know that I've ever mentioned my friend Hans on this blog before. Hans is a friend from Bible study in New Haven and has been a great sport about a practical joke that Allison, Margaret, and I started four years ago and haven't really let up on since. Let's just say it involves his untimely confession during the last winter Olympics of his childhood crush on Katarina Witt , which led to merciless teasing about East German swimmers named Heidi and some transatlantic postcards in terrible German and leave it at that. But Hans is a good guy and a good sport and he gets you back one way or another. (He also stood at his window and tolerated our lovely rendition of "Leaving on a Jet Plane" from the HGS courtyard on our last night in New Haven. But that's another story.)

Anyway, when I was up there for The Game in November, it's possible that I left behind a little thank-you gift for his generous hospitality. Well, today Hans exacted his revenge. Or not revenge, exactly, but, well, see for yourself. This is really classy, and it was especially wonderful to open while sitting at the kitchen table with my parents this afternoon. Thanks, Hans!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home