"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

11.06.2005

lists, lists, lists

Found this funny, funny, entirely appropriate dissertation break-up letter yesterday (it IS like a bad relationship!), wasted way too much time on one of my attorney's favorite websites, and am inspired to make a list of my own. So, without further ado, I give you:

Songs I am Embarrassed to Admit are on the "Recently Played" Playlist on My iPod and My Lame Excuses for Each One:
1. The Black Crowes, "She Talks to Angels" They played at ACL. Not that I went to their set or anything. But we heard it while walking back to the car.
2. Wham!, "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" It was on the Emirates' 1985 top hits channel. I listened to it about 46 times between Dubai and New York.
3. Everclear, "A.M. Radio" There's no excuse.
4. The Bangles, "Manic Monday" It's part of my attempt to collect all the bad music from my childhood.
5. Debbie Gibson, "Lost in Your Eyes" See #4.
6. Hilary Duff, "Come Clean" It's the theme song to Laguna Beach, the stupid MTV show I'm hooked on. I didn't know it was a Hilary Duff song. Honest.
7. LFO, "Every Other Time" It was on Laguna Beach the night I decided to track down the theme song. Jason is so clearly going to lose LC this week. And I'm willing to bet that Jessica takes him back.
8. Coolio, "1-2-3-4 (Sumpin' New) Part of my attempt to collect all the bad music from high school. And there was so much.
9. Destiny's Child, "No, No, No, Pt. 2" It's on the mix of songs that were hits in Kenya in 1998. If you have to ask, you're not going to understand.
10. Young MC, "Bust a Move" It was part of the dance, dance revolution at Camp CLC last summer.

In other disturbing news, the GA's have informed me that Hilary Duff has a version of "The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room" on the first Disneymania album. Does anyone own this? Fess up, Matt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home