"Africa is, indeed, coming into fashion." - Horace Walpole (1774)

9.15.2005

it's almost here!

One of my favorite weekends of the year is almost here - just one week until the Austin City Limits music festival at Zilker Park! Although I'm totally bummed out that Sleater-Kinney got a "better gig" (opening for Pearl Jam in Canada. Whatever.), I'm very excited about seeing Lucinda Williams, Death Cab for Cutie, Kasabian, the Decemberists, the Kaiser Chiefs, and a whole, whole bunch of others. There's a great preview of all the acts here; my goal is to see bands I missed at SXSW and to make it to the front row at the Wilco aftershow at Stubb's (and those tickets are going for $90 on craigslist at the moment. Losers!) . Pictures, reports, & a nasty sunburn are sure to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home